Re: Thermostat Question

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Thermostat Question
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:32:27 +0800
 Bob -
 You know, I thought I understood all of this, but I may be all off. I think
what you are saying is correct.
 I notice that the "Balanced" Sleeve Thermostat I have works exactly the
opposite of the "original" sleeved thermostat that Moss is selling.
 The "balanced" sleeve thermostat opens the bypass port when it is hot, but
the "original" sleeved thermostat closes it off when hot.
 If your description is correct, then this is telling me that I need to go
get one of these "original" sleeved thermostats.
 I'll buy one of these and see how it works. At the very least the balanced
sleeve thermostat does improve cooling in my BJ8 significantly, even if it
does work backwards!
 Regards,
 Alan
 '53 BN1 '64 BJ8