Re: Front wheel shims?

To: "Fred Wescoe" <fredwescoe@earthlink.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front wheel shims?
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 19:47:01 -0500
Fred,
I can't help you with the shims, --but I was warned years ago not to over do
the grease for the bearings. --Just to pack them, as normal.  ---I was told
that if the grease cup is filled or a lot of excess grease is used, that the
grease is constantly "churned" which generates heat, breaks down the grease,
and prematurely damages the bearings.
I can't attest to that myself, --But have never had a problem just packing the
bearings by hand and leaving it at that.
Dave J.