Re: Front wheel shims?

To: fredwescoe@earthlink.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front wheel shims?
From: GLWilkieAlaska@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:48:36 EST
In a message dated 11/12/2005 3:38:51 PM Alaskan Standard Time,
fredwescoe@earthlink.net writes:
I also looked for the chassis number on the right and left shock towers and
could not find anything.  Where and what should I be looking for?
Hi Fred,

On the convertibles, the car's chassis number was stamped on the right front
shock tower. It should be located on the vertical outboard side (right side)
of the pad upon which the shock is bolted to. The top vertical bit which is
about 3/8 of an inch high.

As you know, the wheel must be removed to see it. The HBJ7L part may be still
visible, but the unique car numbers seemed to be very lightly stamped in
comparison; they can be very difficult to discern, if not impossible.

Hope that helps.

Graham Wilkie
HBJ8L / 32382