Re: Waxes

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Waxes
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:36:17 EST
In a message dated 11/21/05 2:26:38 PM, davidwjones@cox.net writes:

> But frankly, if the surface is good, which it should be, in order to use
> the product...  application and buffing are actually easier than with a lot
of
> the more modern liquids and pastes I have used before.

You have buffed the nail on the head. A properly prepped surface is the key,
and with the one-steps, you're trying to prepare the surface with a less than
complete product at the same time you're laying down a prettty insignificant
coat of wax, so you just have to do it again fairly soon.
Sure, the four-step process is a pain in terms of time consumed, but it's
actually fairly easy, physically, and an orbital buffer makes it even easier.
Once it's done, and if the car is washed with water and maybe a little soap
whenever dirty, the process of cleaning, polishing, and waxing is pretty
straightforward, and you only need to clay the finish every year or so to
remove
everything and start over.
Cheers
Gary