Re: Fulcrum Pin, how do you remove them?

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fulcrum Pin, how do you remove them?
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:07:42 +0000
re:

"Try not to peen over the end by hammering."

Thread an approriate-sized nut (don't use your good castellated nut) over the
last 3-4 threads and pound on it instead of the end of the bolt.

-- AND/OR --

Use a tapered drift to apply force to the end of the bolt (away from the
threads).

A little penetrating oil--hard to beat AeroKroil--will help.

Do not pound too hard ... you'll damage (at least) the bushings in your shock
(mucho leaking to follow), or at worst bend or break a shock arm.

When (if ;) you re-install, put some anti-seize on the bolt.  I don't put many
things back together these days without either anti-seize or threadlocker--as
appropriate--on the threads.

bs