RE: Fulcrum Pin, how do you remove them?

To: "'Mark and Kathy'" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fulcrum Pin, how do you remove them?
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 08:28:43 -0000
Mine came off with no trouble! Must have one of the few things that did.
But, I recall doing some research and getting some opinions.....
I seem to recall that one or two people felt that the best option was to
burn out the rubber or reduce it with sufficient heat. Thus, with nothing
binding on pin and trunnions, the pins are easier to bash out.
(It's unlikely that you'll be reusing the rubbers! Actually you'll doubtless
be thinking about the synthetic option?)
Simon.