Re: 56 BN2 100/4 Questions

To: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Subject: Re: 56 BN2 100/4 Questions
From: John Harper <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 10:01:57 +0000
Gary

Personally I would not be too worried about the run out on your flywheel
but if the run out was not there at the time of balancing but is when
fitted to your crankshaft I would be a little concerned about overall
balance. The only real answer is to balance these as one assembly.
Better still is to fit the clutch cover and crank pulley beforehand.

When fitting a diaphragm spring clutch it is best to use a thrust plate
that is longer. That is the face to pin centres is greater. I don't have
the different sizes readily to hand but I guess that others have these
at their finger tips.

All the best

--
John Harper