SU - Piston Rod Stuck in the Suction Chamber

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU - Piston Rod Stuck in the Suction Chamber
From: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 15:17:07 -0600
I have two sets of original type H4's for my 100-Six and I am going to
rebuild the spare set for putting back on the car.   On both, the piston
rod/suction disk is firmly stuck in the suction chamber.  Before I mess
something up and apply brut force, any other suggestions?  I am thinking
finding a dowel or other rod and knocking it out through the oil hole.

I just got a Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaner, so I am going to try that
out after I get the first one apart.

Patton

--
Patton Dickson - '57 A-H 100-Six
Homepage - http://Austin-Healeys.com/

Looking for a vendor, use "The Monster List"
http://www.putzl.com/monster/vendors.html