Re: SU - Piston Rod Stuck in the Suction Chamber

To: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: SU - Piston Rod Stuck in the Suction Chamber
From: "mnhealey" <mnhealey@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 19:25:11 -0600
Patton:

I had two stuck as well I got from a parts car.  I soaked the dashpots with
pistons in the parts cleaner for a couple of days, then used a dowel and
voluminous amounts of WD-40 to carefully pound them out using a rubber
mallet (soft blows instead of bright, hard blows).

that took care of it.

You can always apply a very little amount of heat using a torch to get
things to move, but if it's too hot to handle, it's hot enough to warp the
domes.  Be careful 'cause it's a close tolerance fit.

This is what worked for me, I hope it works for you.

Cc

Curtis L. Carlson
MAHC Membership Director/Newsletter Publisher
PO Box 6844
Minneapolis, MN  55406-0844
612-721-8667/612-251-7492
mnhealey@gmail.com www.mnhealey.com