RE: Earliest 100-Six?

To: <CAWS52803@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Earliest 100-Six?
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:22:59 +1100
G'day

Relax your search has finished as soon as it started.

It's not a production car however if you want the first 100-Six you must
mean the Donald Healey Motor Company experimental car X207 or BN3/1. It
was originally built as a pre-production car and used in the factory for
all sorts of weird and wonderful 4-cylinder things until used as the
mobile test bed for the new 6-cylinder engine and 4-seater body
configuration.

The car, registered NWD 977 was then sold off (to help pay for the DHMC
wages) and still exists. In fact I had a look at it this morning in my
barn.

I am quite happy for the car to be feted around the world at this
auspicious occasion - as long as my wife and I go as well.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

1947 Healey Duncan Saloon