Shut face finishing set installation

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Shut face finishing set installation
From: "James E Austin, Jr." <ahbugeye1@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:44:55 -0800
 I have received a new shut face finishing set from a supplier and when I
laid  the piece that fastens to the shut pillow assembly  in place, I
realized, I was in trouble again.  I thought this would be a piece of
cake.  When I line up the holes in the finisher with the hole in the shut
pillow, I have an opening between the two, from top to bottom of about
3/4"and some places more.   I thought that the curve in the finisher
would lay against the curve in the shut pillow and the door seal would
slide over the edge of both of these.  Maybe not.  Also at the top of the
shut pillow assemble there is a bracket (which I didn't have) that welds
to the top and runs around the pillows edge to the chrome rear finisher.
I could not find where these are sold so I made them and I'm not to sure
of my handy work.  Does someone have a picture of the shut pillow
assembly with the finisher in place without the door seal installed that
they would share with me.
Thanks again,
Sam Austin