bj7 gearbox woes cont...

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: bj7 gearbox woes cont...
From: "Pieter and Linda Scheenhouwer" <pieterscheen@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:27:23 +1000
Thank you to all who replied to my gearbox question. It seems the problem
may be simpler than we all thought. My reverse "lock out" is remaining in
the compressed position so when I am downchanging from 3rd to 2nd  I am
probably getting reverse or both reverse and second. I have removed the top
of the box and although the plunger comes back out if compressed 95% it
jambs when compressed all the way like when you select reverse. Unless I am
missing some trick it doesn't seem possible to remove the plunger without
removing the selector rails and that means removing the box. Any bright
ideas before I spend Christmas pulling the box out of my car to replace one
weak spring? HELP PLEASE,

Thanks again

Pieter