Re: gears box woes

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gears box woes
From: "Leonard Berkowitz" <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:31:29 -0500
I was able to remove the selector rails by seperating the overdrive only,
without removing the entire gear box. The rails were then slid out the back
and the repairs were made.  My problem was with the interlock between the
shifting forks.  It took me a few hours to pull the overdrive and both
shifting shafts and replace the part. The gear box has functioned quite
nicely now for about 15 years. The only problem I have from the repair is a
little minor oil leakage from the gasket between the gear box and the
overdrive. I probably should have replaced the gasket but I did not have a
new one at the time. In hindsight I probably could have used some gasket
material in a tube and had a perfect repair.  Good luck

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!