BN2 Engine Bay Colour

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BN2 Engine Bay Colour
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:49:10 -0500
Hello all,

A few weeks ago I attempted to run a bit of a survey asking people who have
white (as the main colour) BN2's built in 1956 what the engine bay colour was.
This was in response to a fellow who is restoring his white late BN2 and had
heard and seen of some original engine bays painted black, an is unsure what
he should do in this regard.

I mentioned at the time I would share my findings with the list.

In 7 responses I received 3 that were white in the engine bay and 3 that were
black. In addition I personally know of 2 more in my immediate area that had
black engine bays. I must clarify that all the black engine bays were on white
BN2 cars that had been built after 1st January 1956.

Interestingly one owner responded with the fact that his Carmine Red BN1 built
in November '53 had a black engine bay! This seems to have been a single
anomaly as far as we can tell.

Please don't all go out and start painting your engine bays black just because
of this little survey or because it might be easier to maintain 'cause it
doesn't show the dirt. It seems to have been a very small number of cars in a
relatively isolated period of time.

I have found absolutely no evidence of this having been done on any 6 cylinder
models.

Merry Christmas and a Happy and safe Holiday season to all, and may Santa
bring you all something for your Healey!

Rich Chrysler