Re: Goodby to a Great Healey Guy

To: tom felts <tomfelts@earthlink.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Goodby to a Great Healey Guy
From: Fred Crowley <fredcrowley@teamhealeytexas.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:10:46 -0600
Ed and I had been e-mailing each other back and forth as recently as
last week. I knew he hadn't been feeling great, and us old farts were
reminiscing about the great times we had together. He and Felicia had
hosted Team Healey Texas at their house in Squirrel Hill several times,
and I stayed with him at his ranch "up the valley" for the 2002 PVGP.
That was back when Kyla (his wolf) was still with him. My Golden
Retriever 'Jake', and Kyla even tentatively sniffed noses without
growls. He loved his horses and constantly shared his experiences and
mishaps. Even worked on his Healey a bit, and provided some long
distance support. My best memory was at the 1996 (7)? PVGP when the
clutch on my Healey gave up the ghost. He had an unused one from his BT7
  that he loaned me, and with the help of some of the Three Rivers gang
we changed out the clutch in the paddock (the street) in 1 hour - start
to finish. A truly great guy and a character that I'll miss dearly. I'm
sure glad I had the opportunity to spend some time with him and raise a
few beers in celebration.

My deepest sympathy,

Fred