RE: Generator Light

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: RE: Generator Light
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 07:35:46 -0800
The alternator would not make a difference in how the light operates, but
the wiring might be a bit different on the brown/yellow side.
I converted my BJ8 to negative ground and alternator as well.  I'm using a
Delco SI-10 alternator (NAPA P/N 213-4011).  The alternator has an internal
voltage regulator, and therefore required disconnecting the brown/green wire
from terminal F of the voltage regulator and some other wiring changes
unrelated to the function of the light.  The voltage regulator box on the
firewall is disabled electrically and now serves only as a junction box for
the wires connected to it.

Since you drove your car home from Maine, I assume the alternator and
charging circuit were working O.K. then?  Has the ignition warning light
ever come on?

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry