Re: Gunson's Gastester

To: M Fawcett <m.fawcett@verizon.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gunson's Gastester
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 02:52:59 +0000
Doubt they even knew what the CO levels were in the Healey days.

Assuming your car runs well now, take a measurement.   Then, lean it out a
little and see if it still runs well (i.e. no hesitation, no backfire through
the carbs,
etc.).   Lean until it just barely runs right, then enrichen back to the
leanest
CO level that still ran well.  Then, you can periodically check the level to see
if anything's changed.

My guess is you'll end up on the rich (4.5%) side of the range, if not higher.

bs

From: M Fawcett <m.fawcett@verizon.net>