Re: Gunson's Gastester

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "M Fawcett" <m.fawcett@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Gunson's Gastester
From: "Dallas Congleton" <dcong996@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 08:58:36 -0500
This is a link to some excellent graphs depicting the relationship of  CO ,
CO2  and  Fuel/Air ratios for good exhaust emissions.
You should be able to extrapolate what you need for your new tester.

The principal is  that with the "ideal" fuel air ratio of  14.7/1  , the CO
will have reached its lowest point.a  (ideally . 5 %)  however it will stay
flat as you continue to lean, so you would back up to slightly raise the
reading from its lowest point. This will leave the carbs slightly on the
rich side, preferred to an unknown degree of lean condition which could burn
the valves,etc

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h56.pdf

Dallas Congleton
1967 BJ8