Re: Slotted Discs

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Slotted Discs
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 11:25:05 -0800
Moss has'em (on sale, reg $180):

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/SearchResults.aspx?SearchText=586-620&WebCatalogID=0

No personal experience with drilled&slotted, but wouldn't think they'd
be worth it, except for racers.  Better pads (Ferodo) made a big difference
with my BJ8's stopping distance and fade with standard rotors.  The slotting
and
cross-drilling is supposed to aid the venting of the gasses produced by hot
brakes (plus aid cooling itself).  Might make a difference in a slolom, but
can't
see much of a cost/benefit for "normal" driving.

He're's some info that might help:

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/tech_white_papers.shtml

bs