Re: anti roll bar bushings

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: anti roll bar bushings
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:13:08 -0800
Connor,

Common rule-of-thumb is to tighten until the diameter of the bush at the
washer is just less
than or equal to the diameter of the washer.

My experience with polyurethane bushes is that they are too stiff for
the links, which are
made of soft steel.  I kept breaking the links, and that's with
tightening less than you have
(maybe 3/8" of thread showing).

bs