Re: vacuum advance queries

To: healeys@n4vu.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vacuum advance queries
From: "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:54:47 +0000
I disagree. by sucking on the tube you should be able to tell if the
diaphragm is holding vacuum. If you can't develop a vacuum the unit is shot.
If you can make a vacuum remove the  distributor cap and see if you can make
the contact plate move. If that's a go then you know the diaphragm is good
and the unit and plate are free to move. If your distributor meets these
basic requirements you may want to have the distributor tested to see if the
advance curve is correct.

Bill Lawrence