AW: Carb leak

To: "'conbreda'" <conbreda@eircom.net>
Subject: AW: Carb leak
From: "Reinhart Rosner \(aon\)" <aon.912808691@aon.at>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:27:53 +0100
Connor,
As Alan pointed out every SU carbed car has this problem from time to time.
It is the same for mine. But tapping does not always remove the symptom.
Meanwhile I am kind of expert in taking apart the carbs and putting them
together. I exchanged the needle to a grose-jet, which improved the problem.
The latest things I did was to check the float and the lever in the float
chamber and found out that the lever did not have the right curve and the
float had a dent where the lever might get stuck. I tried to get new floats
but the things I got were more rough on the top than the old ones. So I am
still waiting for better ones.
Maybe you should check all the gaskets too. Once I had the problem with a
bad gasket below the grose jet.
And even the top lid of the float might have a small crack which might cause
the same problem.

Reinhart Rosner
55 100 BN1
Vienna - Austria