Re: Values & Restoration--bloviating

To: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Subject: Re: Values & Restoration--bloviating
From: Randy Hicks <Healey100M@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:57:23 -0500
I think Steve's comment here are right on the money. The cars
auctioned at B-J are not intended for the enthusiast. They ate built
to sell for high $ at the auction. To be bought by people who want a
car now and are willing/able to pay for it.

Kurt Tanner would have been crazy not to come back with a MGB car
after the one last year sold for $92K+. Money in the bank. That is
his business and how he makes his living. Comparing cars built for
concours to cars built for auction makes no sense.

I do not know Kurt Tanner and only met him this weekend, briefly, but
I believe he's in a different restoration business than other Healey
restoration shops run/owned by enthusiasts. Tanner told us that he
was "getting out of the (Healey) roadster business and concentrating
on MkIII because that's where the money is."

I'm curious, I've heard that Tanner only builds cars to sell at
auction and does not not take in cars from individuals for
restoration. Does anyone have knowledge either way on this?

Randy Hicks
'56 100M
'65 BJ8
'53 MGTD