BJ8 "Pull-the-Dot" Studs

To: "Austin-Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ8 "Pull-the-Dot" Studs
From: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:49:06 -0500
I have scraped all the tarpaper and jute off the floors. I cleaned and
painted them with Encapsulator. I added a layer of Dynamat for heat
insulation. Now I am ready to put back the carpets. These are not the
original carpets. There were two studs in the floor, one just in front of
and outboard of each seat. Others may have been broken off.

Where should "Pull-The-Dot" studs be located?

There are eight male button snaps on the gear box cover, but no matching
female snaps on that carpet.

Should I add the snaps to that carpet?

Thanks for your comments,

Ned Smith