RE: Re. fuses

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Re. fuses
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 17:10:02 -0800
Hi, Jonathan -

I have made several modifications to my car since installing a new wiring
harness from British Wiring.  To avoid cutting into the new harness,
whenever I wanted to add something I made up a wiring extension using wires
of the same color.  I have a whole box full of British auto wiring taken
from various junkyard cars or my old harness, and I can usually find the
color I need in there.

It works like this:
Disconnect the wire you want to "splice" into.  Make up another length of
wire with connectors on each end to mate with the two connectors of the
wires you just disconnected.  Add whatever components you want (e.g., an
in-line fuse) into the length of "added wire".  This way, if you want to
remove the modification and return the harness to original, you just
disconnect the added wiring and reconnect the originals.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA