Re: Circuit breakers, not fuses

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Circuit breakers, not fuses
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:25:08 -0600
With all this talk about fuses and circuit breakers I just can't keep quiet,
such an improvement is NOT on my list of things to do to my car.

I know changes and improvements are a matter of opinion and taste and I am
not knocking those who do it at all, I have done some things, grose jets and
electronic ignition for example, to my car that others think are
unnecessary, or not an improvement.

When I drove Lucas wired two fuse cars every day I only had any sort of a
melt down problem a couple of times, and both times it was my own stupid
fault for careless wiring or work.  Extra fuses are pretty far down on my
list of concerns, I am just offering a different opinion lest the Healey
neophyte on the list think that their only option is to go out and re-wire
their car.

Careful work and inspection of wiring from time to time for chafing, use of
grommets where appropriate, etc. go a long way.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1