Re: new healey

To: Richard Hosmer <rahosmer@citlink.net>
Subject: Re: new healey
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 13:45:44 +0800
Dick -

You may be suprised..... as long as they keep the design simple and
avoid some of the latest gadgetry like on board navigation systems, it can
be quite easy to assemble a car from parts and make something that is high
quality and very reliable.  This is, in essence, what Lotus and TVR still do
today.  The modern TVRs and Lotus cars are infinitely more reliable than the
stuff they used to make in the 60's... and they are still built with mostly
off the shelf parts from other manufacturers.

Remember, even the big auto makers don't make their own systems other than
engines, gearboxes and bodies.  Pretty much everything else is outsourced.
So as long as you can figure out the engine (like Lotus did with the Elise
using a Toyota motor) and body, the rest of it can be done quite cheaply and
reliably.

Best Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8