Re: Super Short Retractible Length Radio Antenna for BJ8

To: JustBrits_com <justbrits@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Super Short Retractible Length Radio Antenna for BJ8
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 20:38:46 -0800
Bob, Ed:

The FAQ section on the web-site says that '1/2" - 3-4" clearance from steel
is needed on one side only'.  I'm pretty confident the the antenna could be
arranged under the dash of a Healey quite easily - maybe rest it on the
defrost duct hoses back from the firewall and down from the the steel /
aluminum dash top structure.

Worst case scenario - conceal it some where in the rear body structure - say
taped to the wood backing of a rear quarter panel, and use an extension
cable to the radio.  I'm confident enough that it will work to give it a
try.  We'll order a couple and install one in an on-the-road BJ8 within a
month or so.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb