Re: Hole in Top

To: Ned Smith <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: Re: Hole in Top
From: Rick Swain <grain@auracom.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 11:33:12 -0400
on 2/3/06 11:51 AM, Ned Smith at smithn00@kitepilot.net wrote:

> I have found a wear hole in my BJ8 convertible top. Not a cut or a puncture
> but a thin spot that you can almost see through. Does anyone have a way to
> patch this kind of hole?
>
> TIA
>

> Ned Smith

Ned

My BN4 came with top that, unfortunately, a squirrel had chewed a hole in to
get to a spot to store some nuts. I didn't want to replace an essentially
new top because of a 1" diameter hole. My son had gotten some holes in a
vinyl couch repaired by a fellow called Dr. Vinyl. He repaired the hole in
the top with a patch on the inside. He used some sort of liquid vinyl on the
outside and matched the texture of the top in the new vinyl before it dried.
The repair is almost invisible (I can find it because I know where it is but
I don't think a casual observer would notice it) on the outside and the
patch on the inside is pretty unobtrusive. Maybe you can find a similar
company in your yellow pages.

Rick Swain
'59 BN4