Re: Hundred Fuel Tank

To: "Michael Williams" <mewilliams@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hundred Fuel Tank
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 12:20:08 -0500
  Michael:   I recently purchased a tank for my BN2 from the ebay vendor
(angelheartpancho).  Comparing it to the original, the new tank has a single
longitudinal embossed stiffening rib on each side in place of the "X", and
has the longitudinal ribs on the body as you mentioned, and the seam is on
the front edge.  My original has the X on the sides, no other ribs, and the
seam is across the top.
  Also, the new tank is heavier due to the thicker gage steel used.

  Looks like a quality unit, with good welds etc.  Cap fits OK.  I have not
installed the tank in the car yet.

  The tank does not show, so the deviations from original don't bother me
much  (Although I don't like the added weight).  The price is right, less
than 1/2 that of the major suppliers.

  Jim Smith