Door stitching colour query

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door stitching colour query
From: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:39:55 -0500
Simon,

Door- or any kind of- stitching was never treated as a highlight like piping.
It always matched the colour of the material being stitched.  Being cotton
thread, it faded to off-white, making it look like a picked-out "feature"
later in its life.

Red roadsters with black carpets came with red seats with black piping.

Black seats were only introduced on the six-cylinder Healey  (although you'd
never guess that nowdays looking at a parking lot full)  on the BJ 7 model.

Other colours on red roadsters were red seats (black piping) & red carpets,
as well as bone grey seats (red piping) & red carpets.

I can send scans of the factory colour & trim spec sheet if you want.

We don't have a Concours Police here, Simon, you can do your car whichever way
you enjoy it the most.

Best regards
Peter