Re: Door stitching colour query

To: peter.svilans@rogers.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door stitching colour query
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 21:16:40 EST
In a message dated 2/8/2006 4:04:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
peter.svilans@rogers.com writes:
Red, or the reddish-orange seats also called "red" on the build sheets,  had
matching red piping regardless of whether the exterior colour was Carmine or
Reno. Certainly it was typical.   The same colour of piping was also used
around the edge of the aluminum door shut faces. Black seats on the
four-cylinder also used this "orange" piping.
My 100 was originally Carmine red.  The car came to me with the original
seats still in place--I had to replace them early on as the stitching was shot
and
the leather very badly cracked, but the original piping--I believe the name
of the color is persimmon--remains around the door shuts.  It is definitely
orange-red, not red.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans