RE: Offended by So called "Friday Funnies"

To: "'John Miller'" <healeys@n4vu.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Offended by So called "Friday Funnies"
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 17:12:30 -0800
John Miller wrote:
1) Don't prohibit the Friday funnies, but
2) be sure that the subject line includes "Friday funnies," and
3) preferably, restrict 'em to actual Friday.

....So I thought I'd help out those with Microsoft Outlook who don't want to
be bothered with jokes on how to automatically move and delete them or never
even see them.

1. right click on any e-mail message that has "Friday Funnies" in the
subject line, not one that says "re:Friday Funnies" or any other responses
to Friday Funnies, just a pure "Friday Funnies". (you will only have to do
this once, not for all future ones)
2.  select "create rule"
3.  select (check boxes) all three at the top which will say "from
owner-healeys@autox.team.net" and subject contains "Friday Funnies" and
"sent to healeys@autox.team.net"  (these should all be written out already,
just select the boxes on the left.
4.  In the same window under "do the following" check the box "move e-mail
to folder" and click on "select folder"
5. select the folder "deleted items" (you can stop here if you want.)
6. select "advanced options" click next and select the box at the top that
says "permanently delete" click "next" and finish.
If you want to be careful and not permanently delete you can skip that last
step and review all your "junk mail" in the deleted folder. I usually don't.

Hope that helps and keeps us all happy.
Sincerely,
Ron Davies
SoCal