Re: GL4 Oil in Tranny?

To: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: GL4 Oil in Tranny?
From: Jon McLeroy <jfm@spyderinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:50:36 -0600
Hi Scott

I would suggest you try Penrite's Gear Oil 30.  It's a 20W-60 NON-Detergent
made and formulated for 50's, 60's, 70's gear boxes with/without overdrives.

It is safe with all yellow metals.

The detergent oils suspend particles that could clog the overdrives small
passages.  The non detergent lets the particles settle out or if metal
stick to the magnetized plug, if yours is fitted with one.

Check out the web site or give me a call.
Jon
At 09:05 AM 2/12/06, you wrote:
>Hey guys,
>
>I'm not clear on the proper oil to use to save the brass in the tranny. I
>have been using 30w in the MGA. I am using 20W 50 in the Healey and I read
>I need to use GL4 my GT6+.
>
>I made a mistake and bought two types of GL4 yesterday. Hypoid 140 GL4 and
>85W 90 GL4. Which should I use?
>
>I am concerned about damage caused by the detergent oils I have in the MGA
>and the Healey.
>
>Should I put in GL4?
>
>Cheers,
>Scott

Classic Auto Lubes
12803 CR 1222
Tyler, Tx.  75709
Ph: 903-561-4858
Fax: 903-561-7177
Email: jfm@spyderinternet.com
www.classicautolubes.com

--
Spydernet has scanned this message for viruses and
dangerous content.