Off topic: What the Olympics mean to me...

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Off topic: What the Olympics mean to me...
From: "Chris Masucci" <sooch@houston.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:33:10 -0600
So I sit here watching the Olympics, which are special...almost sacred, to
me.  The games of the Olympiad represent to me the athlete striving for his
or her best, despite all obstacles, regardless of country, family or
friends.  This is something that is the one last, true, love of the sport,
and of doing your absolute best simply because doing so is the best way you
know to honor your sport and the games.

In other words, to honor Honor.

This is not some country vs. country competition, though it is scored as
such.  This is a competition between athleletes to see who has the most
heart.  Anyone can work harder to become stronger.  Anyone can work harder
to perform the motions in a more perfect manner.  What the Gold medalist
does better than anyone else is allow heart and soul to take over body
and mind, and command them to perform as divine.  I applaud all of the
competitors of the Torino Olympiad.  Do your best so you can say you did.

Cheers,
Chris Masucci
1976-1984 Gymnastics for fun
1984-1988 Lenape High School Varsity Gymnastics
1988-1991 ISU Varsity Gymnastics
BJ8