Forwarded: Front Wheel offset

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Front Wheel offset
From: lists@autox.team.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 00:52:55 -0700
For some reason this was sent to me rather than healeys@autox.team.net.
If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:29:48 -0800
     From: PG <britishcars@shaw.ca>
     Subject: Front Wheel offset

Hi,  I am a new owner of a 67 healey..I have owned many British Cars but
this is the first Healey.

So, I am about to pester the group with many questions that might sound
repetitive to you...sorry.   I tried to look through the threads but found
them hard to follow unlike traditional "forums" such as under Rennlist
(Porsche).

My first question is an odd one.

The car is perfect and purchased from original owner..a thorough
inspection indicates that it has never been hit and no rust repair
(not necessary).  The car does not catwalk and all the seams are as
from the factory.

Yet, when I look at the car straight on WITHOUT WHEELS ON, the drivers
side splined hub is about 1" more extended than the passenger side.
This translates to the drivers side tire extending slightly outside
the fender whereas the passenger side tire is contained within the
well.  It is not the wheels as I have looked at the splines.

Yes, I do have scuttle shake.at least from what I understand scuttle =
shake to be...

Thanks for your help.

Paul

34 MGPA