Turn signal help?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turn signal help?
From: "mnhealey" <mnhealey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:52:02 -0600
Hi List:

I'm working on a friend's Bugeye (with a Speedwell Bonnet).

I'm trying to re-wire the rear turn signals with a 100-4 Turn signal relay.
Why am I doing this?  Because my friend doesn't want to cut holes in his
bonnet for front turn signals, and without 4 bulbs (2 on each side)
blinking, the turn signal flasher doesn't work.  (Not enough resistance?)

 So, I thought I'd try to re-wire it so he'd have BOTH the top and  bottom
bulbs on the back of the Bugeye either solid (with brakes) or flashing (with
the turn signals).

However, when I wire  in the TS Relay (as on my BN2), the flasher unit still
doesn't flash correctly (it sort of flashes but very quickly when I put an
additional load of 1 more light bulb on the circuit).

Who can explain to me how a flasher unit works and how it's affected by the
load of multiple light bulbs, and is there a way to measure how much load is
required and can I wire in some resistors or something to emulate more
bulbs?

How's that for a conundrum?

Curt

Curtis L. Carlson
MAHC Membership Director/Newsletter Publisher
PO Box 6844
Minneapolis, MN  55406-0844
612-721-8667/612-251-7492
mnhealey@gmail.com www.mnhealey.com