Re: Healey 100 Body number in the trunk lid

To: "Eckert, Josef" <Josef.Eckert@t-mobile.de>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Healey 100 Body number in the trunk lid
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:26:18 -0500
Josef,
The last digits of the body number will be stamped on the outboard side of
the support bracket surrounding the telescoping support mounting bolt head.
The numbers will often be faint which can allow them to disapear if a lot of
paint is applied.

I enclose a picture of an early alloy boot lid with it's early and quite
unique support bracket which screws onto the inside flange of the lid.
Unfortunately the digits do not show adequately in this picture but they are
right beside the bolt head..

This design was of course superceeded on the steel lids by two other later
designs which prooved stronger. The body suffix number appears in a similar
location on the later lids too.

Rich Chrysler