Healey 100 Body number in the trunk lid

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey 100 Body number in the trunk lid
From: "Eckert, Josef" <Josef.Eckert@t-mobile.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:05:03 +0100
On my Healey 100 I cannot find the body number punched into the trunk lid,
which should be according to the Anderson/Moment Restoration Guide punched
into the welded-on bracket, with the hole for the bolt to the sliding trunk
support. Should I find the numbers on the inside (towards trunk opening) or
at the outside (towards drivers side rear fender)? I expect my car is fitted
with an aftermarket lid or the paintwork hides the number. My car has an
aluminium trunk lid. Are the numbers punched to different places on
aluminium or steel trunk lids?
Many thanks for helping to find the number or to realise there is no number
at all.
Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany
54Bn1, 62BT7, 65Sprite