Re: MKI improvements - was:Turn signal help?

To: bluechipracing@snet.net, healey3000bn7@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MKI improvements - was:Turn signal help?
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:41:50 EST
In a message dated 2/16/2006 12:24:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bluechipracing@snet.net writes:
Now that they're distracted...  I have a similar question for those of
you familiar with the early BN7s & BT7s.  As you know there are the small
reflectors above the tail/brake lites.  Has any one converted the reflectors
to actual working tail lights?  I'm thinking it would be more effective use
of the space as opposed to retaining the reflectors.
-------------
I converted the reflectors on my BN1 to serve as turn signals, leaving the
original three-function light to serve as brake and running light.  The
conversion could just as easily be done on six-cylinder cars.  Jim's
observation about
retaining a reflector is very sound and I will add one or put retroflective
tape on the bumper.

BTW this subject was dealt with exhaustively on the British Car Forum about a
month ago with part numbers for both incandescent and LED bulbs and holders
given.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans