AW: Healey 100 Body number in the trunk lid

To: "'Rich C'" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>,
Subject: AW: Healey 100 Body number in the trunk lid
From: "Eckert, Josef" <Josef.Eckert@t-mobile.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:20:07 +0100
Many thanks to all responded to my body number on trunk lid question.
Especially many thanks to Rich Chrysler for the picture which gave me the
clue. My car is fitted with the early support bracket as mentioned by Rich
and I found remains of the number outboard side of the support bracket, but
not around the hole for the support bracket bolt. It is punched in about
half an inch above the hole. As my car with body number 3651 is one of the
latest having an aluminium trunk lid, I expect all cars with aluminium trunk
lids had this early style support bracket. My car was build in the
transition period, where they changed the lids from aluminium to steel and
already got a steel hood (bonnet).
Thanks again,
Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/GERMANY