RE: BJ8 gas gauge

To: "Bill Browning" <gbrowning@carolina.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: BJ8 gas gauge
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:44:49 -0800
Take a look at this web site.  I just finished calibrating my fuel gage on
my BN7 using the advise from this web site and got it to work perfectly.  I
did take the time to build the little test box with the rotary switch to
make it easier because I will need to use it again on my MGB.
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/fg_10.htm

Ron
61BN7
66 MGB

Hello Healey listers:

Any secrets  or pearls out there on BJ8 gas gauge accuracy? My gauge goes to
full when tank is filled up, then after about 20 miles it goes to 1/2 full
and the needle starts going "haywire" gyrating like crazy back and forth,
then after a few more miles, it goes to Empty even though the tank if close
to 3/4 full.