Re: Bonnet insulation

To: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Bonnet insulation
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 19:09:58 +0800
Simon -

If you have fresh paint on your car, I would highly recommend putting
heat insulation under the bonnet.  I did not do this on my BJ8 (this
was 15 years ago) and when I drove the car home from the paint shop
several imperfections arose on the bonnet due to engine heat (and
nowhere else).  It takes alot of heat, so it is a good idea to
insulate the bonnet as best you can against engine heat.

I think BN1s and BN2s it's not so important, but on the 6-cyls its a good idea.

Best Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8