RE: Intake Manifold Cleaner

To: "List Healey" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Intake Manifold Cleaner
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:30:06 -0800
It's true that some paint doesn't adhere as well to aluminum as to steel;
however, I painted my engine and manifold with the Moss spray can green
paint in 1999, and after 7 years and about 40,000 miles there is no
cracking, peeling, or flaking on the engine or manifold.  It's critical that
the surface be cleaned thoroughly and prepared properly for any paint to
stick, and that probably didn't happen at the factory.  A few months ago I
had the fiberglass cover off the gearbox to replace the O/D solenoid, and
noted that the paint on the gearbox and O/D is holding up perfectly, too,
and I painted it in 1993.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry