Re: Subject: RE: Was Re - Trafficator finish; now, Driving in

To: "James Sailer" <BJ8healey@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Subject: RE: Was Re - Trafficator finish; now, Driving in
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:59:04 +0800
My particular favorite was working in Saigon and driving my motorcycle
(150cc) to work (1995).  Since there are no cars and everyone is on
motorcycles, the deal when making a left hand turn was to literally
get into the oncoming traffic lane FIRST before turning left (i.e.
doing this as soon as the light turned green), so that oncoming
traffic would have to divert to your right or stop completely,
basically forcing your way through the left turn.

Needless to say, this particular driving rule often resulted in
motorcycle traffic jams at rush hour.... with literally two directions
of traffic....  lined up across the whole road facing each other at an
intesection (i.e. blocking each other's way) like a mexican standoff.
It usually resulted in police people coming and forcing people to turn
around and go back the way they came.  Comic!

All I have to say is driving motorcycles there was worth it just to
watch the girls driving by in their semi-see-through Ao-Dai dresses!!
 YEHAW!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8