Re: Anything going on in the Napa area this weekend?

To: m.brouillette@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Anything going on in the Napa area this weekend?
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:20:38 +0800
Mike -

You will be in one of the most beautiful places in the world to drive
a convertible.  I know a Marin locals' route that is one of the most
beautiful drives in California.

Rent a convertible and drive out to Pt. Reyes Beach South at Pt. Reyes
National Seashore over Lucas Valley Road from Marin.

Start from Napa down on 29 turn right on 37 and go past Sears Point,
to 101 south then take Lucas Valley offramp.  Then go on Lucas Valley
Road to Nicasio then to Pt. Reyes Station (via Nicasio Valley Road and
left on the Pt reyes-petaluma road).  Drive through Pt Reyes Station
to Pt Reyes (make a right past the little green bridge) and keep right
driving past Inverness on Pt. Reyes.  Keep heading out now to the
South Beach from there.

This drive is breathtaking.  You will go through windy mountain roads
most of the way, through sequoias forests and open pastures, past
lakes and up and over a couple mountains.  It will take at least half
a day to do it right.

There is also some very good food to eat in Pt. Reyes Station,
although for my money I would get a bottle of wine and some good
sandwiches at the market in Pt. Reyes Station, then go out to south
beach and eat & drink out there.  South Beach is stunning... there
will be few, if any people there... and you'll see a few sea lions
popping heads in and out of the surf.

This is one of the all time greatest drives in California and usually
the weather, even in winter, is till perfect for a convertible drive.

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8