Wipers that work - rain proof

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wipers that work - rain proof
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:30:00 -0800
Wise and experienced ones,

I need to improve the functionality of my wipers as I expect to run into
weather on the California Alpine 500 in late April.  I will of course refer
to my manuals but wanted to ping this list to see what real world experience
folks have in making the motor swing adjustment and which blades are
available that function well.

So three questions:

1 - adjusting wiper throw (stop and park)

2 - blade source recommendation (I have blades but they don't really wipe
well)

3 - increasing pressure against the windshield (mine are original and wimpy)

1960 BT7

Bonus questions:

A - Source for door bottom rubber seal

B - Installing the vinyl beading (dual bead) strip to a soft top leading
edge. (Tacks/nails/staples) How much overlap on the aluminum front trim.

Obviously I want to weatherproof for this run.  It was also recommended by
organizers to bring snow chains, eeek, how about the plastic clip-on strips
comments.

www.alpine500.com