Registered as "Historic"?

To: "'healey list'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Registered as "Historic"?
From: "Justin" <spartan0199@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:23:03 -0500
My question relates to registering my Healey as a "Historic" vehicle.
This is for the state of Michigan and I'm not sure if there are similar
things out there in other places.

Here is the situation:

"The state-mandated Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association (MCCA)
assessment has been set at $141 per vehicle by the MCCA Board of
Directors for 2005-2006, with the exception of those vehicles that are
registered as historic. The reduced MCCA assessment for vehicles with a
historic registration is $28. Either historic plates or authentic plates
(plates from the actual manufacture year of the vehicle) are eligible
for the historic vehicle registration."

The question is does my car qualify as a historic vehicle?  The document
requires me to agree to the following statement

"I certify that this historical vehicle is owned solely as a collector's
item and is used only for historical club activities, parades, car
shows, etc., and not for routine transportation" (see attached link if
you'd like)

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/hplate_16252_7.pdf

I see a lot of people in Michigan with classic cars that have a historic
plates who seem to be simply driving around...this is how I use my car
:)

Any feedback/comments on this?

Thanks,
Justin