Re: Reverse question

To: "Peter Dzwig" <pdzwig@summaventures.com>,
Subject: Re: Reverse question
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:04:16 +1100
I suspect that the car is actually stuck in overdrive - therefore it won't/
can't select reverse.

Drive the car in top gear & and select overdrive. Does it actually go into
overdrive - i.e. revs drop?

Come out of overdrive? I suspect it isn't.

If you can't get it to go in and out of overdrive, jack the car up & support
it correctly.

Get your knockoff hammer, and get underneath.

Hit the steel plate in the centre area of the alloy overdrive body a few
times with your knockoff  hammer. Sharp raps rather than belting - you can't
get a big swing anyway, and you don't need one.

Now take it down, and go for a drive & see if you can select overdrive. Once
its out of overdrive - try reverse.

Problem solved.

The overdrive springs sometimes get stuck - its the springs that release it.

Good luck

Best

Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com