Re: Mag drills

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Mag drills
From: "Dallas Congleton" <dcong996@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:23:04 -0500
A magnetic base drill is a portable drill press that has a sturdy base at
right angles to the drill column. This tool can be positioned where the hole
is to drilled and the magnetic base energized. Some are powerful enough to
use milling and other specialized bits.
These are generally specialized construction or machine shop tools, not
normally in the home owners budget or forte.

For the determined that wants to do this job in home shop , there are some
right angle adapters for the hand held drill , that would keep the drill at
a 90 degree angel while drilling . These are normal used in wood work, and
may not be sturdy enough for heavy metal drilling.

Dallas